Saturday, August 2, 2014

01

So this is pretty basic. I've animated a bouncing ball a couple of times in 2D but I thought it would be a good way to warm up to Animating August, and I kind of wanted to see how this was going to work. Plus you can never do the basics too much, right? I actually had started planning a MUCH more complicated shot but I thought I needed to test the waters a bit to see what I can accomplish. The first few may be a little basic looking while I feel things out.

Some lessons I learned are; I need to plan & thumbnail a lot more; Animating gets a lot more fun when you start to play with shapes; KEEP IT SIMPLE!!! I need to keep this in mind, especially since this was just a ball bounce and I let it get to 30ish frames. PLAN PLAN PLAN!!! Finally, I really had fun at the end once the legs came out. The bouncing ball can only entertain someone so long. Simplicity should not supersede a challenge just to get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment